Fall might be creeping just around the corner but we're still celebrating the flavors of summer over here with this recipe! Sweet grilled peaches from Warner's Farm are paired with our salty fried Monforte halloumi and featured alongside some farm-fresh green beans, fennel, mint, cherry tomatoes and red onion.
All served on a bed of New Farm greens lightly dressed with some olive oil and lemon juice and a generous drizzle of a flavourful, herb-packed Green Goddess dressing. The perfect recipe to whip up in celebration of our last long weekend of summer!
Grilled Peach & Halloumi Salad
- 4 x Warner's Farm peaches, quartered
- 6-8 x 1/4" slices of Monforte halloumi
- 3/4 clam of New Farm salad mix
- 2 x tbsp chopped fresh Mike & Mike Organics mint
- 1/4 x Hillside Gardens red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb x Zephyr Organics green beans
- 8 x Cookstown Greens organic rainbow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 Zephyr Organics fennel bulb, thinly sliced (using mandolin or knife)
- 1/2 cup Mike & Mike Organics walnuts
- Juice of half a Mike & Mike Organics lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup x flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup combination of other green herbs. We used Mike & Mike's organics fresh mint, fresh dill, and fresh cilantro
- 2 x tbsp fresh Mike & Mike Organics chives
- 1 x clove August's Harvest garlic
- Juice of 1 Mike & Mike Organics lemon
- 2 x tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup plain Sheldon Creek Greek-style yogurt
- salt & pepper to taste
- water to thin out as needed
Start by cooking your green beans. Bring water to a boil in a medium-sized pot and add your green beans. Let cook for about 3-5 minutes and then carefully transfer into a large bowl filled with cold water to "shock" the beans and halt the cooking process. Set aside.
Next, prepare your Green Goddess dressing. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and process until smooth. If your dressing themes to thick, add a little bit of water, oil or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time to thin it out to your desired consistency.
Start working on the rest of your vegetables. Peel and cut your onions into thin slices, quarter your cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice your fennel. Take each of your green beans from the water bath, remove the stem and cut them in half. Set each of your vegetable components aside.
Next, get ready to grill your peaches! Cut each of your peaches in half and remove the pit (the pit should come out very easily and leave you with two intact peach halves).
Cut each half in half again to make quarters. You should have 16 peach quarters in total.
Cook the peach quarters in two groups by carefully placing half of your peach quarters on the grill and let cook for a couple of minutes on each side until they are nice and caramelized. Remove and repeat with the remaining peach quarters.
On your grill or in a frying pan on the stovetop on medium to high heat, grill or fry your Monforte halloumi! Add each of your slices to the pan and let cook for about a minute per side or until each side is golden brown. Cook in groups of four at a time. Remove from heat and set aside.
Assemble Your Salad
In a large bowl, add your New Farm Green and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combine. Remove from the bowl and add to a clean bowl or plate for serving. Top with your fennel, onions, green beans, cherry tomatoes, grilled peaches, and your warm grilled or fried halloumi.
Drizzle with some of your Green Goddess dressing and sprinkle with some roughly chopped mint and walnuts. Serve immediately!
Did You Try This Recipe?
If so, we'd love to see your finished product of your Grilled Peach & Halloumi Salad recipe! Share a photo and tag us on Instagram at @themarketat100kmfoods.